Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

well, today was mellower than i thought it would be. my mom got me up at 5 in the morning to work on the sweet potatoes. she also got my dum dum brother up to "help me" with them. honestly--i am 13 years old. i think that i would be able to handle peeling some stinking sweet potatoes! i have been the peeler since like i was BORN practically. (okay, since i was 11--same difference.)


my little brother was SO FREAKIN SLOW when he was peeling. he started to peel a potato quite a while before i got situated with one, and by the time he was done, i had 3 already peeled and in the bowl. also, he was really sloppy when he did it. after they were all done, my mom and i cut them up and put them in the crock pot. we (well mostly she) and i folded some laundry, then i went back to bed. evidently, while i was napping, my brother did the potatoes for the mashed potatoes. this kinda peeved me because i felt he was trying to steal my position as the peeler-chopper-scrubber person. i felt that when i'm peeling-chopping-scrubbing, and my mom is cooking, that is my only alone time with her. (awwwwwwww.................) plus it makes me feel special to be able to say "hey, i peeled-chopped-scrubbed those things that you're eating!" and i don't want to share the glory.


my favorite part of thanksgiving is the tv. i know that sounds weird, but think about what's on tv on gobble day: macy's thanksgiving day parade, dog show, football. (btw i'm a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG Colts fan, so if you enjoy other teams, stop reading my blog.) (Pat.) so me and my mom both wanted to watch tv and she didn't even want to watch the parade. i mean COME ON it's a tradition to watch the parade while you're cooking! but when the dog show came on she was like nuh-uh turn on something enjoyable. so i turned on i love lucy, because come on, who doesn't? i even made a portrait of her cuz she's so goshdarnded funny! oh--i'll go get it and take a pic of it so you guys can see what a beast drawer i am. wait a sec....
ain't it purdy? it was for art class and i just absolutely love her show! it took me a really long time to get her mouth just right, and her eyes were a trip too. they looked really lopsided, and when my friend (who is an ARTIST--pronounced arteest) tried to draw them, she looked like a crazed chinese lady. no offense to her in any way, shape or form. or to crazy chinese ladies--or any chinese ladies for that matter. i think i'm just gonna shut up now. ADIOS

1 comment:

Sydney said...

Hey luv u'r blog! it's so neat and cool. this is sydney from fantastic fun forever. thanks for leaving a comment! and we should ttly be blog buddies! lol